Graduate International Orientation
GRADUATE PRE-DEPARTURE VIRTUAL ORIENTATION (Recorded July 2023)
- PART I (click to view): “Visas, Travel, Housing, Orientation & the Start of School”
- PART II (click to view): "US Health Care & Insurance, Getting Started at WPI"
ARRIVAL OVERVIEW: International Students are legally permitted to enter the US up to 30-days prior to their program start-date (no earlier than July 16th), keeping in mind the assigned move-in dates for on-campus housing (if applicable). International Graduate Students are encouraged to arrive as soon as possible on/after July 16th, so that you have time to make housing arrangements and get settled-in prior to orientation. Please note that you are responsible for securing your own housing arrangements. International Student Life is unable to assist with providing housing for students.
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENT ORIENTATION (click for info!) will take place in August as part of the New Graduate Student Orientation program (see dates below). We will be covering a lot of important information specifically for F-1/J-1 students, so it's important that you plan your travel arrangements accordingly in order to attend all of the orientation sessions! Please read the below general arrival timeline for International Graduate Students:
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE ARRIVAL & ORIENTATION TIMELINE:
- JULY 16: Earliest date new international students can legally enter the US
- AUGUST 1: Deadline to complete ONLINE ESL testing (check your email for info sent June 26!)
- AUGUST 18: International Graduate Student Orientation (New F-1/J-1 grad students)
- AUGUST 21: New Graduate Student Orientation (ALL new grad students)
- AUGUST 21-22: Training for Research Assistants (RAs) and Teaching Assistants (TAs)
- AUGUST 24: First day of classes