Reflect Relax Reconnect Reenergize
Wellness Days are built into the 2023-2024 graduate and undergraduate academic calendar as days to reflect, relax, reconnect, and reenergize as individuals and as a campus community. These are days for our community to focus on supporting and caring for our students as well as each other.
There will be no classes, no assignment due dates, no non-critical lab work, and no meetings held on these days. Wellness Days will feature a variety of ways to de-stress, center, and connect with yourself and those around you throughout the day.
A focus on community, with more programming to allow you to connect and come together.
- Friday, September 22, 2023 - SOAR
- Monday, November 6, 2023 - Celebrate the Diversity
- Friday, February 9, 2024 - What's Love?
- Tuesday, March 26, 2024 - Blossom Bash
Sponsor or Co-Sponsor an Event or Activity
The CWB is responsible for coordinating the programming for the Wellness Days with student groups and departments. If you are interested in sponsoring or co-sponsoring an activity or event, please fill out the Wellness Day Event Request Form.
Managers and supervisors are asked to be flexible and support employee and graduate student participation in Wellness Days. We recognize that not everyone on campus can take an entire day off because they’re responsible for critical operations that can’t be rescheduled but do hope that everyone can participate in part of the day. Managers and supervisors are encouraged to:
- Avoid scheduling work meetings.
- Offer opportunities for connection (employee lunch, team-building activity, etc.).
- Offer flexibility; for example, provide the opportunity to utilize a few hours on another day for similarly focused activities.
- Try to make a light schedule for the day – this is an opportunity to slow down and catch your breath.
Contact the Center for Well-Being at firstname.lastname@example.org.