Application & Important Information
The summer housing application is now available at housing.wpi.edu/StarRezPortalX .
- Current WPI students who are working on campus or are participating in a WPI affiliated program may apply for summer housing.
Late Stay: If you need to stay late past closing on Thursday, May 5, you will need to sign up for summer housing. You will be relocated to the centralized summer housing location and you must be prepared to move starting Friday, May 6.
- All Summer Housing locations will have kitchens with ovens and refrigerators because meal plans are not available. Students must furnish their own pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc.
- All summer housing students must be available to move into their new assignment between May 16-23.
- All summer housing students will receive a new housing assignment in a centralized building that will be different than their academic year space.
- Summer housing at WPI is continuous, meaning you have one check in and one check out date. (It does not function like booking a hotel for individual nights.)
Students with Spring 2021 and Fall 2022 on campus housing assignment:
- Summer housing dates: Thursday, May 5 - Friday, August 19
Students living off campus for Fall 2022:
- Summer housing dates: Thursday, May 5 - Wednesday. August 10
Students moving from off campus housing to summer housing:
- Summer housing dates: Monday, May 16 - Wednesday. August 10
Graduating Seniors ONLY:
- Note that the latest possible check out date and time is Saturday, May 14 at 11:00pm.
Summer Housing rates per night per person:
- $30 single room
- $25 double room
- Students will be placed in single occupancy bedrooms unless you indicate a roommate preference.
- Students will also have the opportunity to indicate an apartment mate preference (in the same apartment, not in the same bedroom).
Current on-campus students - Residential students will remain in their current D term placement from academic year closing until their summer housing assignment is ready. You will be notified by Residential Services when you are able to move with specifics. Please be prepared to move to your summer assignment the week following commencement, if not earlier.
Fall semester transition - If you are staying through August and have an on-campus housing assignment for Fall, you will be notified by Residential Services when you are able to move with specifics. Please be prepared to move into your Fall assignment in the beginning of August. Transitions may occur as early as the last weekend of July. If you do not have an academic year 22-23 housing assignment, your latest possible checkout date is Wednesday, August 10.