WPI offers housing throughout the summer to currently enrolled, continuing students who are working locally or are participating in a WPI affiliated program. Our goal is to offer summer housing that is affordable, convenient, and makes sense for students.
Application & Important Information
The summer housing application is now available at https://WPI.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX.
- Current WPI students who are working locally or are participating in a WPI affiliated program may apply for summer housing.
Late Stay: If you need to stay late past closing on Saturday, May 6, you will need to sign up for summer housing. You will be relocated to the centralized summer housing location and you must be prepared to move starting Friday, May 5.
- All Summer Housing locations will have kitchens with ovens and refrigerators because meal plans are not available. Students must furnish their own pots, pans, dishes, silverware, etc.
- All summer housing students transitioning from their Spring housing assignments must be available to move into their summer assignment between May 5-29.
- All summer housing students will receive a new housing assignment in a centralized building that will be different than their academic year space.
- Check in and key collection for summer housing will take place during Residential Services Office hours.
- Summer housing at WPI is continuous, meaning you have one check in and one check out date. (It does not function like booking a hotel for individual nights.)
Students with Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 on campus housing assignment:
- Summer housing dates: Saturday, May 6 - Friday, August 18
Students living off campus for Fall 2023:
- Summer housing dates: Saturday, May 6 - Friday, August 4
Students moving from off campus housing to summer housing:
- Summer housing dates: Monday, May 15 - Friday, August 4
Graduating Seniors ONLY:
- Note that the latest possible check out date and time is Saturday, May 13 at 11:00pm.
Summer Housing rates per night per person:
- $31 single room
- $26 double room
- Students will be placed in single occupancy bedrooms unless you indicate a roommate preference.
- Students also can indicate an apartment mate preference (in the same apartment, not in the same bedroom).
Current on-campus students - Residential students will remain in their current D term placement from academic year closing until their summer housing assignment is ready. You will be notified by Residential Services through your WPI email when you are able to move with specifics. Please be prepared to move to your summer assignment the week following commencement, if not earlier.
Fall semester transition - If you are staying through August and have an on-campus housing assignment for Fall, you will be notified by Residential Services through your WPI email when you are able to move with specifics. Please be prepared to move to your Fall assignment at the beginning of August. Transitions may occur as early as the last weekend of July. If you do not have an academic year 23-24 housing assignment, your latest possible checkout date is Friday, August 4.
What if I need to stay late? (INCLUDING GRADUATING SENIORS)
- Extensions to stay beyond closing must be approved by Residential Services. You need to complete the summer housing application found at https://WPI.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX. by Wednesday, April 26 at 5pm to be approved to stay past May 6th
All late stay students should be prepared to be relocated depending on building needs.
Students requesting to stay beyond May 5, depending on circumstances MAY have to pay a charge of $30 per day.
Specific information about your late stay will be sent to you individually based on your residence hall.
Summer Housing Experience
Summer housing is not just a place to sleep during the summer, but provides residents with an opportunity to connect with others, participate in programs, and to experience the campus and Worcester community.
The summer Community Director (CD) and resident advisor (RA) staff provides social programs, information on activities to do in Worcester and on-campus, as well as support residents through any questions or concerns they may have.