Helpful Writer's Tools
These websites and resources can help you with common questions and issues when writing.
- Advice on Personal Statements and Essays
- Elements of Style by W. Strunk
- Roget's Thesaurus
- Syracuse University Writing Consultants
- Typical Mistakes that Non-native Speakers of English Make When Writing Scientific Documents (PDF)
- University of Wisconsin Writing Center
- Writing Resources from the University of Purdue
Technical Writing Resources
WPI offers an interdisciplinary degree in Professional Writing. The goal of the Professional Writing program is to prepare communication professionals who can bridge the gap between scientists and engineers and the public by presenting technical information in useful and accessible ways. For more information about this program, contact Professor Jennifer deWinter.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Style Manual (PDF)
- Style converter (MLA, APA, Chicago)