Worcester Polytechnic Institute is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Commission indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Commission is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution (gr-Accreditation@wpi.edu). Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514
University-wide Accreditation Reports
- 2021 Self-Study produced by WPI for the 10-year NECHE Review (PDF)
- 2022 NECHE Commissioners’ letter announcing re-accreditation, report summary (PDF)
- ·Report provided by the Visiting Team to WPI and the NECHE Commission (PDF)
- 2012 Self-Study produced by WPI for the 10-year NEASC Review (PDF)
- Report provided by the Visiting Team to WPI and the NEASC Commission (PDF)
- 2012 NEASC Commissioners’ letter announcing re-accreditation, report summary (PDF)