A decision to close or delay opening of the university will be made by the Provost, the Executive Vice President, and the Vice President for Talent Development early in the morning on the day classes are impacted. When the university opens as usual in the morning, but it becomes necessary to close at a later point (whether during the day or for evening classes or programs), a decision will be made by the Provost, the Executive Vice President, and the Vice President for Talent Development as soon as conditions warrant.
Communication at the time of the decision and as conditions progress will be handled as follows, and as circumstances allow:
- An email will be sent to the WPI Community.
- Radio and television stations will be notified (see list below).
- The WPI homepage will be updated.
- The WPI closing/delay line will be activated at (508) 831-5744.
- The official WPI Facebook page and Twitter account (@WPI) will provide updates.
TV and Radio Stations
When there is a closure or delayed opening, WPI will notify the following broadcast stations: