- Cleaning: Daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces in classrooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and meeting spaces. Daily fogging of spaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Cleaning Supplies: Provided in centralized locations on each floor and in classrooms so individuals can clean their own workspace and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: Provided at entrances, in classrooms, and throughout public areas. Departments may be providing hand sanitizer at additional locations in office suites.
- Signage: To inform social distancing practices, occupancy limits, and cleaning requirements throughout the building.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms have reduced occupancies required — some will be single-use occupancy to maintain social distancing. Drinking fountains have been shut off for your safety — where available, water bottle filler stations remain operational.
- Classrooms and Teaching Labs: Classroom capacity has been reduced to maintain 6’ social distancing, daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces, cleaning supplies provided for students and faculty to clean personal space, where possible directional flow in and out of classrooms are indicated.
- Ventilation: Ventilation systems have been inspected, filters changed, and adjusted to increase ventilation rates.
- Clear Barriers: Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at classroom teaching stations and service desks in department offices to help reduce transmission.
- Building Access: The building will remain locked during business hours and is accessible with your WPI ID card. Campus visitors must register in advance and be escorted by the department.
In 2010, WPI added Gateway Park--a growing center of research, innovation, and commerce--to the campus footprint. It began as a joint venture with the Worcester Business Development Corporation to transform a blighted and underutilized area in into a clean, thriving, mixed-use facility for a range of academic, research, and commercial enterprises. Today Gateway Park includes facilities located at 50 Prescott Street (Gateway II), 60 Prescott Street (Gateway I), and 85 Prescott Street that house a number of academic and research programs, such as Robotics Engineering, the Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center (BETC), an expanded state-of-the-art Fire Protection Engineering research and burn laboratory, the Business School, and the Life Sciences and Bioengineering Center. Gateway Park is also home to a number of WPI administrative offices and two commercial enterprises.