- Cleaning: Daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces in classrooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and meeting spaces. Daily fogging of spaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Cleaning Supplies: Provided in centralized locations on each floor and in classrooms so individuals can clean their own workspace and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: Provided at entrances, in classrooms, and throughout public areas. Departments may be providing hand sanitizer at additional locations in office suites.
- Signage: To inform social distancing practices, occupancy limits, and cleaning requirements throughout the building.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms have reduced occupancies required — some will be single-use occupancy to maintain social distancing. Drinking fountains have been shut off for your safety — where available, water bottle filler stations remain operational.
- Classrooms and Teaching Labs: Classroom capacity has been reduced to maintain 6’ social distancing, daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces, cleaning supplies provided for students and faculty to clean personal space, where possible directional flow in and out of classrooms are indicated.
- Ventilation: Ventilation systems have been inspected, filters changed, and adjusted to increase ventilation rates.
- Clear Barriers: Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at classroom teaching stations and service desks in department offices to help reduce transmission.
- Building Access: The building will remain locked during business hours and is accessible with your WPI ID card. Campus visitors must register in advance and be escorted by the department.
The "front door to innovation” at WPI, the The Innovation Studio brings WPI’s distinctive project-based approach to life.
The first and second floors of the 78,000-square-foot residential and classroom facility, which opened in August 2018, include a teaching laboratory currently configured as a robotics lab; a makerspace; high-tech classrooms for the Great Problems Seminar; the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship; and a welcoming café. Atop the Innovation Studio, Messenger Residence Hall promotes integrated living and learning.
COVID-19 Building-Specific Safety Measures
Within The Innovation Studio, you will find:
- McDonough Maker Space and Fitzgerald Prototyping Lab
- Aberdale Active Learning Classroom and Oliver Active Learning Classroom
- Noiles Teaching Laboratory
- Class of 1964 Connections Gallery
- Global Lab with Scherer Video Recording Suite
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center
- Cafe (including Auntie Anne's Pretzels and Planet Smoothie)
Hours of Operation
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–12 a.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m.–1:00 a.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m.– 1:00 a.m.
Sunday: 8:00 a.m.–12:00 a.m.
Information Center Service Desk
Opens at 7:30 a.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. on weekends during the academic year.
Auntie Anne's & Planet Smoothie Cafe
Due to Covid campus restrictions Aunt Annie’s and Planet Smoothie will be closed until Fall 2021.
Email the Foisie Innovation Studio team with any building-related questions or concerns.