The Architectural Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives
The objective of the undergraduate program in Architectural Engineering is to prepare graduates for successful careers in the Architectural Engineering profession. A few years after graduation WPI Architectural Engineering graduates are expected to have the ability to:
- Attain registration as Professional Engineers,
- Earn a graduate degree in Architectural Engineering or a related discipline,
- Enhance their skills through continued education,
- Serve their profession through engagement with professional societies,
- Demonstrate commitment to sustainable design principles within their professional work
The Student Outcomes for the Bachelor degree in Architectural Engineering are that all graduates will attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- the design level in one of the four architectural engineering areas, the application level in a second area, and the comprehension level in the remaining two areas.
Student Enrollment Data
Click here for engineering student enrollment and graduate data on each program.