Current Data Science Ph.D. Students
This award is OPEN for Spring 2024!
Exciting News: Data Science Graduate Student Conference Funding Awards 2023-2024.
The Data Science Program offers awards to support conference attendance for graduate students enrolled in the Data Science Ph.D. program. Funding is competitive and limited; a review process will be used to evaluate applications.
Funding is competitive and limited, and a review process will be used to evaluate applications. Any student who has not previously received this award is eligible to apply.
- All current Data Science Ph.D. students are eligible to apply.
- Students must be enrolled as a WPI Data Science Ph.D. at the time of the conference.
- Students can apply for funding to support any virtual or in-person conference including regional, national, or international professional meetings in the academic year 2023-2024. Levels of funding will vary based on the type of conference.
- To be considered, students must be giving an oral or poster presentation at the conference. Funding will not be provided for general conference attendance or networking.
- Students may apply for assistance through other WPI programs; however, you are required to notify us of receipt of other support you may receive through other units on campus or the conference itself, and this may affect decisions for the DS award.
- While there is no limit on the number of Ph.D. students from a professor's research group that may apply, this may affect the award decisions.
- Students may receive funding for at most one conference in an academic year.
- Students receiving an award will be given up to $1000 towards costs including conference registration and, if applicable, transportation, lodging, and poster printing (Meals are not covered!)
- The faculty research advisor must submit a letter of recommendation and agree that they support the trip and will fund the remaining costs not covered by the award. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Students who receive awards will be given instructions on how to submit expense reports to the Data Science Office. Expense reports should be submitted within one month of completing the activity.
For questions, please contact Ana Maria Young in the Data Science Office at email@example.com or extension x6683.