Statistics Multimedia Classroom
The Mathematical Sciences Multimedia Classroom, Room 202 in Kaven Hall, has 28 Intel® i5 computers running Microsoft Windows Vista as well as SAS 9.2 used in conjunction with various Statistics programs offered by the Mathematical Sciences Department. The lab is available to any student during times that are not scheduled for classes and accessible 24 hours a day by ID Access. Check lab availability.
Financial Multimedia Classroom
The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Financial Math Lab, Room 412 in Salisbury Labs, is equipped with 12 Intel® Workstations with dual monitors and is used in conjunction with the Financial Mathematics masters program. 4 of the computers are available for use as Bloomberg Terminals.
- Installing Maple
- Installing CalcP7 Package in Windows
- Maple Support
- The Ten Things Everyone Should Know About Maple
LaTeX and Windows
To LaTeX under Windows you will need 5 pieces of software, all of which can obtained without cost:
- MiKTex: Download the latest version. Make sure to run the “complete install.” See more detailed instructions. Note: MiKTex can take up to an hour or more to install.
- Ghost script and Ghost view: Download the latest versions.
- Acrobat Reader: Download the latest version.
- A Tex editor such as TeXnicCenter, TeXstudio. The first time you start TeXnicCenter you will need to configure it.
Once you have installed all necessary applications, you will use the Tex editor to edit your LaTeX document, and then you will be able to build and output it to any combination of dvi, ps, and pdf files.
LaTeX and Macs
To LaTeX on a Mac, download and install MacTeX.
The following are the current printers in the department:
|Location||Windows/Printers Name||Unix/Linux/Mac Name||Model Type|
|SH108||sh_math1||sh-math1||HP B&W Laserjet 601dn w/duplexer|
HP Colorjet 4700dn w/duplexer
|SH104D||sh_ma1||mathprint3||HP B&W Laserjet 4014dn w/duplexer|
|SH204||sh_ma7||mathprint207||HP B&W Laserjet 4014dn w/duplexer|
|SL405||sl_math1||sl-math1||HP B&W Laserjet 601dn|