The Mathematical Sciences Calculus Lab is located (temporarily during Stratton Hall renovations) in Unity Hall 241 and is used primarily for the lab based instruction in conjunction with the Math Department's Calculus program. The lab is equipped with 25 Dell Optiplex Intel i7 computers. A wide variety of academic software including Maple, Matlab, MikTeX, and SAS are available on each computer.
- Install Matlab on your personal machine (faculty & students)
- Mathworks MATLAB support page
- Training opportunities for MATLAB and other WPI Academic software
LaTeX and Windows
To LaTeX under Windows you will need 5 pieces of software, all of which can obtained without cost:
- MiKTex: Download the latest version. Make sure to run the “complete install.” See more detailed instructions. Note: MiKTex can take up to an hour or more to install.
- Ghost script and Ghost view: Download the latest versions.
- Sumatra PDF reader Download the latest version.
- A Tex editor such as TeXnicCenter or TeXstudio. The first time you start TeXnicCenter you will need to configure it.
Once you have installed all necessary applications, you will use the Tex editor to edit your LaTeX document, and then you will be able to build and output it to any combination of dvi, ps, and pdf files.
LaTeX and Macs
To LaTeX on a Mac, download and install MacTeX.
Web based LaTeX
There are also web based, platform neutral, services that will allow you to LaTeX without installing LaTeX software on your local machine.
Examples of these are Overleaf and Papeeria. There may be a cost involved with these services.
The following are the current printers in the department:
|Location||Printer queue||Model Type|
|UH 457||\\printers.wpi.edu\sh_math1||HP B&W Laserjet 601dn w/duplexer|
HP Colorjet M454 w/duplexer
|34 Boynton St.||\\printers.wpi.edu\27b-math1||HP B&W Laserjet M404DN w/duplexer|
|AK Basement||\\printers.wpi.edu\sh_ma2||HP B&W Laserjet 4014dn w/duplexer|
|SL405||\\printers.wpi.edu\sl_math1||HP B&W Laserjet 601dn w/duplexer|