Tuition is based on the current curriculum for the program which is 48 credits. The current price of tuition is $1,566 per credit making the total cost for the program $75,168 in tuition only. For more detailed information on tuition and fees, please visit the complete breakdown of costs on the Financial Aid page.
WPI’s MBA Program for STEM Professionals is designed for those who want to leverage their STEM knowledge and work experience to bring them to the next level in their careers. Our blended program helps students expand on their skill sets so they develop a broader understanding of how technical and business issues are interconnected. Students gain expertise with organization, leadership, and managing resources—both human and financial.
Using online learning and robust face-to-face interaction, the program’s format emulates the real world as students work closely with faculty, form multidisciplinary teams, and coordinate action across geographic distances, time zones, cultural perspectives, and languages. The MBA Program for STEM Professionals is student-centered, inquiry-driven, and problem-oriented from start to finish and offers the flexibility to complete the degree requirements around your other obligations.
The rigorous and nationally acclaimed WPI MBA program draws on the university’s strengths in technology, engineering, and science to prepare innovative and well-rounded leaders ready to make an impact in a complex business world. The Capstone experience will allow you to apply the skills, methods, and knowledge gained to solve a significant problem for a real client.
- ACC 500 Accounting and Finance Fundamentals (1 credit) AND
- ACC 502 Financial Intelligence and Strategic Decision Making (2 credits)
- BUS 500 Business Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
- BUS 590 Strategy in Technology-based Organizations
- BUS 595 The Edge of Technology in STEM Industries
- BUS 599 Capstone Project
- ETR 593 Technology Commercialization: Theory, Strategy, and Practice
- FIN 503 Financial Decision Making for Value Creation
- FIN 504 Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation (2 credits) AND
- ACC 505 Performance Measurement and Management (1 credit)
- MIS 500 Innovating with Information Systems
- MKT 500 Marketing Management
- OBC 505 Teaming and Organizing for Innovation
- OBC 506 The Heart of Leadership: Power, Reflection, and Interpersonal Skills
- OIE 501 Designing Operations for Competitive Advantage
Choose one course:
- OBC 533 Negotiations
- OBC 537 Leading Change
Project Based Learning
Elizabeth Long Lingo
My classroom is a living-learning lab where students develop the capacity to analyze and navigate a complex and messy web of often hidden interpersonal, group, and organizational dynamics and paradoxes. I regularly stretch students out of their comfort zone, offering immersive, hands-on experiences in which students put analytical frameworks to the test and see what works best for them—given their unique personal and cultural experience.[...]
As one of my students once said, the only people who do not use accounting are people who are no longer alive. Yet, few people understand accounting well enough to use it to make informed decisions.[...]
Resources for International Students
The International House provides ongoing programs and essential services to assist, guide, and support international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.