WPI’s MBA Program for STEM Professionals is designed for those who want to leverage their STEM knowledge and work experience to bring them to the next level in their careers. Our blended program helps students expand on their skill sets so they develop a broader understanding of how technical and business issues are interconnected. Students gain expertise with organization, leadership, and managing resources—both human and financial.
Using online learning and robust face-to-face interaction, the program’s format emulates the real world as students work closely with faculty, form multidisciplinary teams, and coordinate action across geographic distances, time zones, cultural perspectives, and languages. The MBA Program for STEM Professionals is student-centered, inquiry-driven, and problem-oriented from start to finish and offers the flexibility to complete the degree requirements around your other obligations.
The rigorous and nationally acclaimed WPI MBA program draws on the university’s strengths in technology, engineering, and science to prepare innovative and well-rounded leaders ready to make an impact in a complex business world. The Capstone experience will allow you to apply the skills, methods, and knowledge gained to solve a significant problem for a real client.
- Teaming and Organizing for Innovation
- The Heart of Leadership: Power, Reflection, and Interpersonal Skills
- Designing Operations for Competitive Advantage
- Accounting and Finance Fundamentals
- Financial Intelligence and Strategic Decision Making
- Business Law, Ethics, and Social Responsibility
- Strategy in Technology-based Organizations
- Technology Commercialization: Theory, Strategy, and Practice
- Financial Decision Making for Value Creation
- Financial Statement Analysis and Valuation
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Innovating with Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Capstone Project
- The Edge of Technology in STEM Industries
Choose one course:
- Leading Change
My classroom is a living-learning lab where students develop the capacity to analyze and navigate a complex and messy web of often hidden interpersonal, group, and organizational dynamics and paradoxes. I regularly stretch students out of their comfort zone, offering immersive, hands-on experiences in which students put analytical frameworks to the test and see what works best for them; given their unique personal and cultural experience.
Resources for International Students
The International House provides ongoing programs and essential services to assist, guide, and support international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.