The following materials are required when applying to a certificate program:
- Completed online application
- Official transcripts from undergraduate institutions previously attended
- The application fee (waived for current WPI undergraduates and WPI alumni)
- One letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL/IETLS test scores required for international students who come from countries where English is not their first language.
- For all Business School graduate programs the minimum score for the TOEFL exam is 90 and the IELTS minimum score is 7.
- Applicants who have completed two years of full-time study in a college or university in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or the Anglophone regions or Africa, Canada, or the Caribbean, within five years of matriculating at WPI are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS* scores. Students who have studied at a school where the language of instruction is English, but the official language of the country is not English do not qualify for a waiver (e.g., study at the American University in Cairo, Egypt, does not qualify a student for the TOEFL waiver).
Statement of Purpose
For the standardized tests, WPI’s institution code is 3969 and all departments use the same code.
*Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) downloads IELTS scores that have been transmitted to our e-download account. We will not accept paper IELTS test report forms. Please contact your test center and request that your scores be sent to the following IELTS e-download account:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609