- Post a Job
Handshake is our online job board system used by WPI students and alumni to find full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op opportunities. To post these positions, click here to log-in or register for a Handshake account and connect with WPI. To post a job on behalf of your company, click Job Templates on the left-hand navigation bar and then select the New Job tab on the top right corner of the screen.
- Search Student Resumes
Companies are eligible to search our students/alumni and their resumes in Handshake, along as they have given permission to make their information public. This feature will allow you to search students utilizing various filters, including major, GPA, and class year, to help you narrow down your candidate pool.
- Request On-Campus Interviews
On-campus interviewing utilizing the corporate interview suite at the Career Development Center is available throughout the academic year. Many companies use these as a first screen in place of phone interviews. Having 30-45 minute interviews during the course of a day allows employers and students to find best-fits in an efficient way. Requests can be made through your Handshake account. More information can be found here.
- Request to Host a Company Event On-Campus
Information Sessions are available on most Monday-Thursday evenings throughout the academic year. They are a great way to provide students with more information about your organization and the opportunities available. Tabling in our campus center to interact with a wide range of WPI talent can also be arranged. Requests can be made through your Handshake account. More information can be found here.
- Sign-up for Career Fairs
Attend one of our annual career fairs to meet students and alumni of all degrees and disciplines to fill full-time, internship, and co-op positions. More information can be found here.
Handshake is a powerful, modern platform that enables employers to search for and manage relationships with top talent at universities across the country. Through your WPI Handshake account, you will be able to post jobs, schedule interviews, collect resumes, and register for events.
Services and Capabilities
Instructions for Creating a Handshake Account
To register for an account in Handshake complete the following steps:
- First, visit wpi.joinhandshake.com and select "sign up for an account".
- Click “Employer” from the three boxes that appear on the registration page.
- You will be asked if you are a third party recruiter.
- You will receive a confirmation email (to the email address provided) with a link enabling you to confirm your account. You won't be able to proceed with the registration process until you confirm your account. Please check your Spam folder if you do not receive.
- When you click the link to confirm your account, you will be brought to a page providing a brief overview of Handshake. You can then connect with schools (step 3) by searching for a particular school (WPI) and clicking “request to connect” once you locate it.
- Next, connect your account with an employer profile in Handshake. Employer profiles in Handshake are shared across the entire company and are visible to users on Handshake. Different divisions can be created and managed once you've connected or created your employer profile. If your organization is already using Handshake search for it in the 'Find your Company' screen and an approval request will be sent to the existing staff members for security purposes. This helps protect your organization's brand on the site and reduces the number of fraudulent employers on Handshake.
- If your company is not using Handshake you can create a new company profile. You will enter your company's information and select 'Create New Employer'.
- Once you have been approved at your company or created a new one, and approved by WPI, you can start using Handshake to connect with WPI talent!