ACTION REQUIRED: Commencement Deadlines
This message was sent to the members of the Class of 2022:
We’re sending another update associated with your Commencement Exercises. Much of this information is posted on the Commencement Website. Please check this site often and encourage your family members to do the same.
Here’s what’s new and what you need to act upon:
- Log into your Hub Account and complete the following:
- Tell us whether you are attending your ceremony
- Complete the Career Development Center (CDC) Survey
- Record your name on the NameCoach link (so we can announce your name correctly)
- Update your Lifetime Engagement Information
- Undergraduates: April 15 – May 3, you may reserve up to 4 guest tickets, which ensures that every graduating student has family members seated under the tent. There is no charge for tickets. Tickets will be available once you complete your graduation tasks (registration to graduate, RSVP to Commencement, and CDC survey) until May 3 on the Hub. Upon registering for your (4) tickets, you will have the option to enter a lottery for additional tickets. After May 3, if additional space on the Quad is available, we will conduct a lottery for up to 2 additional tickets. Recipients of lottery tickets will be notified directly.
- Undergraduate Baccalaureate Speaker/Performer Auditions: Please contact Kim Wykes (email@example.com) by April 4 to be considered for the Baccalaureate Program.
- Commencement Student Speaker Auditions: A student will be selected to speak at each ceremony (Graduate and Undergraduate). Audition dates will be April 20 & 21. If you wish to audition, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRADFEST: Friday, April 22, pick up your regalia during the day; that evening from 6 to 9pm, come to the Campus Center for a beverage, food, photos, and socializing.
- Though not a requirement, we strongly encourage students who are attending graduation ceremonies to take a COVID test in Harrington Auditorium on one of these days:
- Monday, May 9: 8:00 am – noon
- Tuesday, May 10 or Wednesday, May 11: noon – 4:00 pm
As a reminder:
- The Graduate Commencement Ceremony occurs on Thursday, May 12, at 5:00 pm. Line-up is 3:30 – 4:30 in Harrington Auditorium.
- The ROTC Commissioning Ceremony occurs on Friday, May 13, at noon.
- The Undergraduate Baccalaureate Program occurs on Friday, May 13, at 5:30 p.m.
- The Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony occurs on Saturday, May 14, at 10 a.m. Line-up is 8:30 – 9:30 am in Harrington Auditorium. Tickets are required for this ceremony.
- All events will occur under the tent on the Quad and will be streamed live.
- Guests are not required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or a negative test to attend Commencement; face coverings are optional at all events and are strongly encouraged for those who are not vaccinated or who have elevated health risks.
Our goal is to help make your Commencement a special day for you and your family members and other guests.
The WPI Core Commencement Committee