LGBTQIAP+ Advocacy Board, “Let’s Talk Hour”, Wellness Day and more
Department(s):Be Well Together
The following message was sent to the WPI Community:
In January 2023, an LGBTQIAP+ Advocacy Board—made up of students, staff, and faculty—was formed to provide a space for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual (LGBTQIAP+) advocates in the WPI community to join together to strategize and inform programs, initiatives, and policy updates to better serve our LGBTQIAP+ students. Learn more here.
“Let’s Talk Hour”
Have a quick question about counseling? Worried about a friend? Need a little advice? Come chat with an SDCC counselor at “Let’s Talk Hour” on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at the Center for Well-Being (Daniels 146). “Let’s Talk” offers students convenient access to brief (10-15 minute), informal, and confidential consultations with SDCC counselors and are on a first-come-first-served basis.
ProjectConnect Recruitment for D-term is still underway: Develop Relationships to Boost Your Well-Being
Research shows that one of the best things people can do for their health and happiness is to develop and nurture relationships. ProjectConnect makes it easy to expand your social circle. This 6-session peer-led program allows you to meet new people and have fun engaging in conversations with peers. For more info on session dates and to register, fill out the ProjectConnect Registration Form.
Request a Wellness Workshop for Your Club or Organization
Did you know the Center for Well-Being offers workshops or educational sessions on a variety of health and wellness topics, such as Design Your Wellness, The Dating Life, or Mindfulness and Meditation? Learn more here or contact email@example.com to request a session for your club or organization.
Drop-in hours with the Center for Well-Being’s Associate Director
Interested in learning how the Center for Well-Being can support your wellness journey? Could you benefit from non-clinical wellness and health coaching and consultation? Spend some time with Jermoh Kamara on Mondays (Zoom only) and Wednesdays (Zoom or in-person) from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm. Pop in to say hello and use the time however you would like! Sign up here.
Help Us Plan March 28th Wellness & Community Day
Plans are coming together for our next Community and Wellness Day on March 28. The theme for the day is Bounce Forward! Please fill out this form by March 21 to let us know if you’d like to host or co-sponsor an event.
Food and Nutrition
Looking for reliable and current nutritional information? Shavaun Cloran, Registered Dietitian, recommends the Harvard Nutrition Source as a great go-to reference.
Upcoming Wellness Events:
- Mindful Thursdays 2:15 to 2:30 pm
- SPRING FORWARD: A New, Refreshed You 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) Session 10:00 am to 11:30 am or 1:00 to 2:30 pm
- T&I's Management Essentials: Foster Team Psychological Safety 11:00 am to 11:55 am
- Mobility Injustice, Explorations of Mobility Injustice by Design 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
- Intramural Pickleball Tournament 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- ACA (Alumni of Color Association) Feature: A Gem in the City - Quontay Turner ’11 on Entrepreneurship in Boston 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- T&I's Bite-sized Learning Series - Understanding Cultural Dimensions 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm
- Mindful Thursdays 2:15 pm to 2:30 pm
- ProjectConnect 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Wellness Day Kick-Off 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Wellness and Community Day: Bounce Forward! 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Mindful Wednesdays 12:15 pm to 12:30 pm
To access previous versions of this newsletter, click here.
This email is intended to be for informational purposes only and not to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you or someone you know is in imminent danger of suicidal action or other threat, call WPI Campus police at 508-831-5555 (or call 911 if off-campus) or seek emergency care at a nearby hospital.
Remember: we are all in this together.
If you have any questions about the initiatives or information listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email inbox is not monitored 24/7.