NEW! Systems Engineering Architecture: Digital Badge Program
Department(s):Graduate & Professional Studies
Let WPI help you on onboard or up-skill with an introduction to—and appreciation for—the art and science of SE Architecture
9 Micro-courses in total.
online | on-demand | stackable.
Independent self-study at an affordable price.
Systems Engineering Architecture: Digital Badge Program is designed for those who are:
- Interacting with an SE Architecture Team
- Imagine the importance of a shared vocabulary for a manager who has systems engineering architects reporting to them, or architecture stakeholders who need to communicate effectively for the development of system solutions.
- New to Systems Architecture
- New members of an architecture team can benefit from an introductory overview of systems architecting concepts and design approaches.
- Curious about the Art and Science of Systems Architecting
- Individual micro-courses such as Stakeholder Analysis are useful in all areas of systems engineering, and experienced architects can learn the latest frameworks (e.g., TOGAF 10).
A certificate of completion is issued after each individual micro-course:
- Approximately 1 hour total lecture time
- 4 instructional videos
- A short quiz after each video
- Complete all 9 to earn a digital badge!
- SYS 9001. Architecture Basics
- SYS 9006. System Modeling Basics
- SYS 9040. Systems Engineering Architecture Types
- SYS 9041. Systems Engineering Architectural Drivers
- SYS 9042. Systems Engineering Stakeholder Analysis
- SYS 9043. Systems Engineering Architecture Framework: DoDAF
- SYS 9044. Systems Engineering Architecture Framework: TOGAF
- SYS 9045. Systems Engineering Architecture Design
- SYS 9046. Systems Engineering Architecture Evaluation
All content is strategically designed to align with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Competency Framework. Knowledge indicators from INCOSE’s awareness level proficiency are embedded within the learning objectives.