Parking During Snowstorm March 3-4 and Over Break
This message was sent to the WPI Community Thursday, March 2, 2023.
The National Weather Service has forecast another snowstorm, with 6” to 12” expected between Friday evening and Saturday evening, March 3-4, 2023. While this will not impact classes or campus operations, it will impact parking this weekend and over break. For those who are traveling, please check weather forecasts as they may impact your plans.
In order to allow for snow clearing operations, we ask that all students, faculty, and staff move their cars as follows:
All WPI surface parking lots will be closed as of 8 pm Friday night, March 3.
- Employees are asked to use the Park Avenue, East Hall, or Gateway Garages during this time.
- Students must move their vehicles from surface lots to the Gateway Garage no later than 8 pm Friday. The Gateway Garage is open now; gates will open upon approach. Vehicles should be removed from the Gateway Garage by 9 pm Sunday, March 5. Students are not permitted to park overnight in the Park Avenue Garage.
- All surface parking lots will reopen by 9 pm Sunday, March 5.
If you are leaving campus for the weekend and/or for break:
- Employees are asked to check their office space and ensure windows are closed.
- Students may leave their vehicles in the Gateway Garage until returning; there is no need to notify campus police.
- Students who live in a residence hall are asked to close all windows in residence hall rooms before leaving.
PLEASE NOTE: We expect the City to declare a winter parking ban for this storm; the city will tow cars left on the street during the ban. For information regarding the City’s parking ban and to sign up for text alerts, go to: Winter Parking | City of Worcester, MA (worcesterma.gov)
At this time, there is no change to the shuttle services or schedules. Should weather conditions worsen significantly, Campus Police will issue an update. If you rely on the shuttle, please plan ahead should conditions worsen. Of note, shuttles will run on their regular schedule to and from South Village to support students coming to main campus for dining.
As a reminder, during the break, the Campus Center Food Court remains open, while all other dining locations are closed. Check Dine On Campus for hours.
WPI’s grounds team will work continuously to clear and maintain walkways and surface areas. However, we encourage everyone on the campus to use caution during inclement weather.
Should you find yourself in an on-campus emergency situation, please call WPI Campus Police at 508-831-5555.
WPI Campus Police