Staff Council in Full Swing
As you may recall, the second round of nominations and elections for Staff Council took place this past Spring 2023 welcoming our newest staff council members. The new Staff Council members officially began their two-year term in August 2023. At the full Staff Council’s first meeting, the council voted on the executive committee and established representatives for advisory groups, committees and staff council working groups to serve this academic year. You can visit the Staff Council page to find an updated committee and representation member list.
As the inaugural Staff Council members spent the first year establishing an internal structure and setting up processes, procedures, and bylaws, the full council is excited to embark on new objectives to serve, enhance, and advocate for the needs and concerns of the staff at WPI.
Updates and What’s Happening
- Staff Council Member Replacement - Oscar Chavez has pursued another opportunity outside of WPI and will no longer be serving as one of the appointed members on the council. In accordance with our bylaws, we have selected the runner-up candidate in that area of vacancy. Please join us in welcoming Elena Morganelli to the Staff Council as our newly appointed member.
- Staff Feedback Response – Thank you to all who have submitted their feedback using the Staff Feedback Form. Please continue to utilize this resource as a means of sharing your concerns, ideas, or thoughts. We have an ongoing process for reviewing, fielding, and responding to submissions. Please note that anonymous submissions are welcome, however for any submissions that require a response must include a name.
- Upcoming Fall Staff Event - The Staff Council is planning an upcoming fall staff event on November 20th. More information to follow.
- Staff Forum – Spring 2024 - An in-person and virtual spring staff forum is planned for May 2024.
- Staff Council Election – Spring 2024 - The Staff Council will be running an election to replace nine members who will be completing their second year of service starting in April 2024. Please consider being involved by nominating yourself or a peer.
- Meeting Minutes are posted on the Staff Council webpage for employees to stay up to date with the work of the Council.
- Staff community can send questions, feedback, or suggestions by completing the Staff Feedback Form or scan here:
If you have further questions about the Staff Council in general, you may email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill Battelle, Diane Dubois, Caitlin Keller, Roxanne Gardner, Kim Hollan, Sarah Miles, Jennifer Cluett, Amy Curran and Theona Scola, Lusine Baghsarian, Adrienne Boertjens, Nicole Caligiuri, Mike Hamilton, Patricia Howe, Alesia LeSane, Nicole Luiz, Kristin Marengo, Elena Morganelli