Important Message about Timesheets
for Working Students, Hiring Managers & Administrative Assistants
WPI has migrated to Workday!
If you are AN HOURLY EMPLOYEE OR WORKING STUDENT:
- Go to portal.wpi.edu, click the Workday icon, click Time, enter your time for the period 9/23/18 – 10/6/18 in Workday. Time must be submitted by the end of the work week and approved by Monday, October 8 at 11am in order to be paid. See the Time Entry job aid.
- For any hours worked prior to Sept. 23, which have not yet been paid, you will need complete and submit a paper timesheet to payroll by Friday, October 5 at 5pm.
- You can enter time retroactively in Workday when necessary, but this should be a rare event.
- Federal work study students who are submitting community service hours -- we've got a job aid for that!
If you are a HIRING MANAGER OR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT:
Please keep in mind that student workers should be hired in Workday before they start working. We have sessions scheduled on the afternoons of Thursday, October 4 and Friday, October 5 especially for hiring student workers, including TAs/RAs. Please see the Training Calendar.
Updates and Reminders from Finance
- Please add your office phone (see the Personal Information worklet) and enter the direct phone number vs. main line + extension. This number will be used when creating requisitions.
- When you create a requisition, be sure to change the default address to your address. If you need to add a specific floor or room, use the Memo to Supplier field.
- If you are paying an invoice, and there's not a PO involved, use Create Supplier Invoice Request -- it's quick and easy!
- Operating budgets and grants are available with actuals – see the Available Balance Reports worklet if you have access to these budget reports.
- If you get an email from Bank of America about approving your transaction, please ignore for now.
- For expense report reimbursements, check Reimbursement Payment Type is what you'd like. If you don't have a Direct Deposit option, update your payment elections.
Please contact email@example.com with questions about submitting or approving time, or about financial tasks.