WPI & UMass Physician Leadership Development Program
Department(s):The Business School
Over the last (9) years, WPI and UMass Chan Medical School have collaborated through the Physician Leadership Development Program (PLDP). This program was designed to equip physician's with the skills to take on leadership positions within healthcare practices and organizations.
Each year the program culminates in presentations where small groups of participants within the cohort create sustainable solutions to solve challenges in health care. And this year's cohort blew our collective minds!
This past Friday, we were graciously welcomed to the UMass Chan Medical School campus by UMass Memorial Medical Group Interim President Andrew Karson, MD. Then President and CEO of UMass Memorial Health Eric Dickson MD reflected on the history of PLDP successes and lessons learned in the healthcare industry reminding us that "how you treat one another, your people, your colleagues, is the most important thing you do as a leader."
Then, (19) brilliant physicians talked us through through their projects:
- Leveraging Existing Digital tools for Sustainable Mental Health Care
- A Telephone Triage Line to Reduce ED Utilizations: Fixing the Flow for Better Care
- Integration of Social Determinants of Health Screening into Inpatient Workflows
- Walk & Roll Program: Enhanced Recovery by Early Ambulation
- STAY Interview for Physician Retention
- Putting a Pause on Post-Partum Depression
Congratulations to the cohort and to Professor Sharon Johnson and Christine Staub on completion of a successful program!