WPI to Celebrate Women’s History Month in March - 2008
Eileen Brangan Mell
Associate Vice President, Strategic Communications & Public Relations
+1 (508) 8315000 firstname.lastname@example.org
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) will observe Women's History Month in March by spotlighting the contributions made by women in the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. Women's History Month is significant at WPI, where the university's Office of Women's Programs promotes women in the STEM disciplines, helps them meet the challenges they may face upon graduation, and encourages them to make history. Highlights include:
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
100 Institute Road, Worcester, Mass.
- March 11: Hot Cocoa Kick Off in the Campus Center lobby.
- March 13: WPI Women of Strength Awards reception, from 4-6 p.m. in the Higgins House Great Hall. Sponsored also by Pratt & Whitney.
- March 14: GNO Movie Night features "Little Miss Sunshine" at 7 p.m. in Fuller Auditorium.
- March 18: Roundtable discussion with female engineers from noon to 1 p.m. in the Mid-Century Room, Campus center. RSVP by March 13.
- March 18: GNO Movie Night features "Million Dollar Baby" at 7 p.m. in Fuller Auditorium.
- March 19: Women’s Lunch Series topic "Women's History Month: A Time to Reflect," from noon to 1 p.m., Taylor Room, Campus Center. RSVP by March 13.
- March 20: GNO Pamper Party, where you can get spoiled with massages, facials, and other beauty treatments, 7 to 9 p.m., Campus Center Odeum.
- March 21: Swing into Spring Dance at 7 p.m. in Alden Memorial. Sponsored also by WPI’s Social Dance Club.
- March 30: GNO Movie Night features "Hairspray" at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. in Fuller Auditorium.