The summer issue of the WPI Journal is now online (and coming to a mailbox near you!)
In this issue you’ll read about
- President Laurie Leshin’s first message to WPI Journal readers, in which she talks about visiting the campus undercover while considering the decision to apply to be the university’s next president.
- How David A. Lucht went from a small-town Ohio boy to state fire marshal, and later, founder of WPI’s Fire Protection Engineering department.
- Where artist Erica Mason ’96 finds the inspiration for her pen-and-ink drawings and oil paintings.
- Why legendary folk rocker Neil Young looked up Phil Baker ’65 to provide technical know-how to develop his PonoPlayer portable music device.
- What made Michael Kirschner ’82 an expert in environmental safety and health, advising governments, environmental groups and industry how to comply with regulations that limit toxic chemicals.
If you have a lead on an alumnus doing outstanding things, drop a line to