The Information Center Desk welcomes visitors, students, faculty, and staff to the Rubin Campus Center, providing directions and help. Computers and accessories, as well as conference phones and other meeting needs, are available to borrow.
The Campus Center staff looks forward to assisting all departments and all student organizations on campus to promote and publicize activities and events through advertising on the digital display monitor located in the Rubin Campus Center lobby in front of the bookstore windows. This display is designed to promote activities and events that are sponsored by the WPI community. To promote your activity we ask that you follow the detailed guidelines located below.
Guidelines and Conditions for Posting Events on the Digital Display
- For best readability, try to limit the slide text to 25 words or less.
- Each event will be presented for 10 seconds on the digital display.
- If submitting multiple slides for a single event, include all slides in a single PowerPoint file.
- The page orientation is landscape.
- The screen resolution/size is 1920 x 1080 pixels (20 inches x 11.25 inches). Use these dimensions to format your page set up when creating your flyer for the digital display. See template.
- The image file types accepted are jpg, pdf and ppt.
- Event must be sponsored by a WPI department and/or a WPI recognized student club or organization.
- Event must have a start and end date and a start and end time and must be included on the flyer.
- Email your image file to: CCdigitaldisplay@wpi.edu. Also, it is important to include the event date and event name in the email subject line.
- Submit your request at least five business days in advance of the event date.
- The maximum event digital display period is two weeks.
- Use of the WPI logo must align with WPI University branding guidelines. View WPI logo usage Quick Reference Guide.
- Be sure to follow WPI Copyright Compliance Policy when choosing online images for your flyer. One way to do this is to use Google Advanced Image Search: You can limit your results to by selecting "labeled for reuse" under usage rights.
- If you have copyright questions, email the WPI Copyright Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting Printed Material
Guidelines for Posting Printed Material
Deliver printed flyers to the Rubin Campus Center Director’s Office, Suite 254 for approval and posting. You may bring up to 5 printed copies of a flyer to be posted in the Rubin Campus Center building.
The flyer must include the following information:
- Name of event along with the date, start and end times, and location
- Name of WPI sponsoring club, organization or department
- Contact information (email and/or phone number for more information)
- The typical size for a flyer to be placed on our display boards is 8.5 in. x 11 in.
Note: If you require a special sign stand for a large poster, you need to reserve one through the Campus Center Director’s Office to ensure both a sign stand and its placement location in the Rubin Campus Center is available.
Display Areas for Printed Material
Portable A-Frame Indoor Display Boards: two are located in the lobby and used to pin up flyers promoting WPI sponsored events.
Bulletin Boards (fastened to the wall)
- Two are located on the lower level (next to the center stairwell) and used for WPI departments & student organizations announcements (general/informational)
- Five located on lower level (along corridor next to restrooms and elevator) and used for ads that include: roommates and rental property/apartments; for sale (products & services); off campus jobs; study abroad, internships, fellowships; off campus events (not sponsored by a WPI student organization or department).
Table Sitting Reservations
On the main level of the Rubin Campus Center, there are a number of tables available for student organizations, faculty, and staff to reserve. On any given day, various groups will set up for community service projects, recruitment, and informational purposes. Please reserve your table on WPI's 25LIVE campus events reservation system, or stop in the Rubin Campus Center and Events Office, Suite 254. View the 25Live Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.