Frequently Needed Information

  • What is our Federal-Wide Assurance number, Animal Welfare Assurance number, DUNS, CAGE, TIN and other Federal IDs?

    The most commonly requested organizational codes and numbers are listed below and on our Institutional Information & Rates section of this website. If you cannot find what you need on this list, please contact OSP. 

    Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS): 04-1508581 
    Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code: 81359 
    Congressional District: MA-002
    Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN): 04-2121659
    Human Subjects Assurance #: FWA00015024 
    Animal Welfare Assurance #: A3277-01 

Finding Funding

Proposal Preparation and Submission

Managing your Award

  • What is the status of my award?

    Please reach out to your Post-Award contact to inquire about the status of your agreement. There may be negotiations with the sponsor or compliance issues such as COI, Human Subjects, etc. that we are actively working to resolve.   

  • How do I add/remove personnel on my award?

    Changes to personnel typically require prior approval from the sponsor. Each sponsor is different in the level of detail they require to submit such a request (e.g. biosketch, C&P, a revised budget, etc.). All changes in PI and/or other Key Personnel on your award should be reviewed with your OSP Post-Award contact, they will assist you in navigating the different sponsor requirements.

  • How do I change my effort on my award? / Do I have to tell the sponsor if I need to change my effort?

    A significant reduction in effort (25% or more) for the PI or other key personnel usually requires prior sponsor approval. Reduction includes an absence or disengagement from the project for an extended period of time of 3 months or more. The sponsor will typically require a justification outlining the change, why it is necessary and/or the impact to the project.

    Please contact your Post-Award contact who will assist you with any budgetary or scope changes that result from the reduction of effort.

Finance Questions


  • Who can submit my report?

    Technical/progress reports: Some funders (such as NSF) allow the PI to submit the report on their own. Others (such as NIH) require that OSP do it. If the report asks for a signature from an “authorized official,” “signing official,” or something similar, that means OSP has to submit it. Please send the report to your OSP post-award contact person, ideally a few days before the due date. When in doubt, contact OSP. 

    Financial reports: Financial reports are submitted by Sponsored Programs Accounting. Please contact them directly. 

WPI Policies