End of Year Closing Procedures and Check Out
When do I need to be completely moved out?
You need to be moved out 24 hours after your last final. Your ID access will be turned off on Monday (5/17) at 8am, but you should be moved out before then.
Halls close at 8am on Monday, May 17th.
All residents need to complete the MOVE OUT FORM.
Can I have help moving out?
- You may have a helper assist you with move out.
- Red bins will be available in centralized locations around campus, along with cleaning supplies.
- You and your helper acknowledge and understand the health risks related to COVID-19 and agree to assume any risks associated with an in-person move out.
- You and your helper are required to wear a face covering at all times while on campus property.
- WPI expects that you will take appropriate steps to safeguard your health, including following social distancing guidance.
What if I need to stay late?
- Extensions to stay beyond closing must be approved by Residential Services. You need to complete the summer housing application found at housing.wpi.edu/StarRezPortalX before May 10th at 5pm to be approved to stay past May 17th.
- Residents of the Hampton Inn will not be permitted to stay past closing.
- Students requesting to stay beyond May 17, depending on circumstances MAY have to pay a charge of $30 per day.
- Specific information about your late stay will be sent to you individually based on your residence hall.
SENIORS! All students GRADUATING!
Graduating Seniors will receive a separate email with the link to stay through commencement, check-out procedures following your specific ceremony, and vaccination clinic instructions.
What do I need to do before I move out?
Before you leave, please make sure to fully clean your space. Your space should be as clean as, if not cleaner, than you found it at the beginning of the year.
Please talk with your roommate(s) to ensure that the common spaces are clean and all trash is removed before the last roommate leaves.
- Place your key in the envelope provided by your RA
- Seal envelope
- Leave envelope on your desk
What if I need to store items over the Summer?
Residential Services has partnered with Boomerang Storage. Boomerang Storage will provide you with boxes and come to your apartment and store your items over the summer. If you are interested, we have postcards with more information for you.
CLICK HERE for Boomerang Storage!