Closing Procedures and Check Out
When should you leave?
Within 24 hours of your last final.
What if I can’t get a ride or I have extenuating circumstances?
You can fill out a late stay request form (request link from your RA) and you will be notified quickly whether have permission to stay. Be prepared that you may be told you cannot stay and should make other arrangements. The cost to stay late is $35.00 a day. If you live in certain areas of campus you may be asked to relocate so that we may prepare for various summer programs.
What if I am graduating, working graduation or have another reason I need to stay?
Fill out the late stay request form (request link from your RA) no later than Wednesday, April 24.
How Do I Check Out?
Prior to the Designated Check Out Day
- Room cleaned and all personal belongings removed.
- Close and lock windows. Leave shades open.
- Thermostat turned off.
- All trash removed from the room.
- Student must leave the furniture in the room as they found it.
Check Out Day
- Halls officially close on Thursday, May 2 at 12pm noon.
- Centralized check out stations in East Hall & Wedge:
- Tuesday 4/30 from 3pm – 9pm
- Wednesday 5/1 from 9am – 9pm
- Thursday 5/2 from 9am – 12pm
East Hall: DOWN THE HILL
Residents from Faraday, East, Founders, Institute, Elbridge, Schussler, Salisbury Estates
Wedge: UP THE HILL
Residents from Morgan, Daniels, Riley, Messenger, Stoddard, Ellsworth, Fuller, Hackfeld, Trowbridge
- On Tuesday 4/30 and Wednesday 5/1 after 9pm, you may express checkout in Founders Hall basement (near Campus Police).
- If you need to check out before Tuesday 4/30 at 3pm, use Express Check Out.
- If you do not check out during normal check out times, the EXPRESS CHECK OUT option is always available. Envelopes are available at our Express Check Out box across from Campus Police in Founders Hall.
Damage Billing Facts
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with our Room Condition process.
- If you have any damage in your room, suite, apartment, or floor, you may be charged. Damage is considered anything, beyond normal wear and tear, that is different in your room than was noted on your original room condition sheet.
- If you have information on any damages that have occurred in common areas of your building, please contact Res Services ASAP. When we are unable to discern the individual who caused this common area damage, charges are split by the floor/building.
- Please be aware you will see these charges on your bill.
- If you do an express check out, you do NOT have the option of appealing your damage charges.
- Each room will be inspected by Residential Services staff after the buildings are vacant. If any additional damages are found during this inspection, they will be added to your RCS.
- Lost Key Charges: Room Door, $75; Room Door, (apartments/suites) $300
**If your key is not turned in at the time of check-out, the door will need to be re-cored and the above charge will apply**.