Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. 24-48 hours’ notice must be provided for tables and chairs for parties and events held within the House; outdoor grill requests require 48 hours’ advanced notice.
All reservations must be made through Outlook; you can download instructions on how to reserve a room (PDF). To reserve a specific room in the CRC, add these rooms when completing your meeting request:
- For the CRC Conference Room (Mini Tech Suite/Conference Room), add crcconferenceroom @wpi.edu
- For the CRC Main Floor (Common Area only), add crcmainroom @wpi.edu
- For the CRC Kitchen (Kitchen, backyard, grills), add crckitchen @wpi.edu
- The Chaplains’ office spaces can also be reserved with the individual chaplain’s permission; contact the chaplain directly for more information.
- For questions or concerns about the Colligate Religious Center and spaces, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review our House Usage Agreement for our space policies.
The CRC prayer room must be treated with great respect, and may only be used for prayer and/or meditation. Those entering the room must conform to the strictest religious parameters—absolutely no food, animals, or shoes. Quiet and reverence are essential, as well as entering with clean feet and hands.
Important rules and regulations regarding the CRC:
- Never use the fireplace for a fire
- The basement and third floor are off limits for safety reasons
- Respectfully share the space and treat all religious materials, objects, and activities with sensitivity
- If you wish to check out a book belonging to a chaplain or one of the religious clubs on campus, contact the CRC chaplains
- Alcohol and fire are not permitted in the CRC except for sacramental wine and candles used for religious rites
- If wine is to be drunk, a non-alcoholic alternative must be available
- Candles must be attended at all times
- Be sure to label all food with who they belong to and when they will be used;
- The kitchen is to kept kosher—no pork or shellfish is permitted in the CRC
- If you’d like to use the CRC kitchen to maintain a religious diet, first make reservations with the chaplains and execute a kitchen contract
WPI statement on religious diversity, mutual respect, and non-proselytization
WPI does not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment that consists of treating a person differently in any WPI program or activity based on their race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, genetic identity, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Furthermore, WPI is dedicated to creating an atmosphere that encourages diversity in all aspects of campus life—from academics and residence hall living to social interactions among students, faculty, and staff. In accordance with these policies, it is appropriate to further clarify that WPI, its religious groups, and its Collegiate Religious Center and Chaplains are committed to mutual respect and non-proselytization. WPI will not tolerate any form of religious harassment or coercive behavior that affects one’s personal freedom to choose one’s own religious practice.