We are hosting an upcoming webinar to introduce you to our Master of Science in Business Analytics. Learn more about the program, what online learning looks like, the application process, and more! Join us on Wednesday, July 15 at Noon (ET) and learn why we offer the best online Master;s in Business Analytics.
Informed business decisions rely on relevant and current data to help executives make decisions. An master’s in business analytics online gives you the skills and training you need to make these choices. Because data is prolific and continual, business analytics professionals who know how to interpret and use that data are in high demand.
Organizational leaders can make data-driven decisions based on up-to-the-minute trends and results by having a clear understanding of business needs and technology-driven platforms. Without trained analysts and decision-makers who know how to use analytical methods and create business impact, great opportunities are lost.
WPI’s master’s in business analytics online provides a solid foundation in business analytics, with applications in a variety of business areas, plus a real-world, team-based project, which ensures that students are prepared to be successful in a data-driven, technological business environment.
The Foisie Business School, grounded in a technology-focused university, has world-class expertise and educational resources in these areas, and thus is suitably poised to offer a graduate-level education to prepare students for their career choices and leadership.
Learning Outcomes for Master's in Business Analytics Online
- Gain expertise to drive data-driven decisions that can render organizational success
- Build leadership skills to manage an analytics team and interpret data to drive impact
- Learn advanced business analytics methods in machine learning, market research, operations modeling and optimization analysis
Program Requirements for Master's in Business Analytics Online
The Master's in Business Analytics Online is a 33-credit-hour program which includes applied analytics courses that address business problems and a realistic capstone project. Courses in this professional MS in Business Analytics online degree program do not provide options related to a research degree (e.g., no provision for research credits, qualifying exams, a thesis option, or research seminars).
Courses for Master's in Business Analytics Online
REQUIRED CORE COURSES (3)
- MIS 584. Business Intelligence
- OIE 552. Modeling and Optimizing Processes
- MIS 502. Data Management for Analytics
MSBA students must complete two, three-course specialties, selected from the following:
SPECIALTY IN ADVANCED BUSINESS ANALYTICS METHODS
- MIS 587. Business Applications in Machine Learning
- OIE 559. Optimization for Business Analytics
- MKT 562. Marketing Research
SPECIALTY IN MARKETING ANALYTICS
- MKT 500. Marketing Management (recommended for students with no marketing background)
SPECIALTY IN OPERATIONS ANALYTICS
Select 3 courses from the list below:
- OIE 501. Designing Operations for Competitive Advantage (recommended for students with no operations background)
- OIE 542. Risk Management and Decision Making
- OIE 544. Supply Chain Analysis and Design
- OIE 548. Performance Analytics
- OIE 558. Designing and Managing Lean and Six-Sigma Processes
SPECIALTY IN FINANCIAL ANALYTICS
- ACC 500. Accounting and Finance Fundamentals (1 cr.)
- ACC 502. Financial Intelligence and Strategic Decision-Making (2 cr.)
- FIN 500. Financial Information and Management
- FIN 522. Financial Institutions, Markets, and Technology
MSBA students must complete a two-course capstone project experience as follows:
Prerequisites for Master's in Business Analytics Online
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, with a background in statistics and finance/accounting.
Visit the digital content library for whitepapers, ebooks, webinars, and our blog.
Got 7 minutes? Take this short survey and help improve the grad-school-research experience for you and your peers.
Online Course Demo
Have you wondered what it’s like to take an online course at WPI? You can now explore our Canvas platform.
Click here to get started!