Construction Project Management Certificate
Offered through the Department of Civil, Environmental & Architectural Engineering, WPI’s Construction Project Management certificate gives you a graduate-level introduction into managing complex construction projects at every stage, from resource planning to risk mitigation and reporting.
Designed for those who already possess an undergraduate background in civil engineering or another related field, the four-course Construction Project Management certificate program allows you to focus your studies in areas like cost estimating procedures, building information modeling (BIM), and negotiations and conflict resolution.
To apply for the Construction Project Management certificate program, you should already have a BS in civil engineering or another acceptable engineering field or physical and life sciences discipline (depending on your desired program of study).
You will select two core courses from the following:
- CE 580 Advanced Project Management
- CE 584 Advanced Cost Estimating Procedures
- CE 587 Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- FIN 500 Financial Information and Management
You then specialize your certificate based on your interests and goals by selecting two courses from the following:
- CE 501 Professional Practice
- CE 583E Contracts and Law
- CE 590N Negotiations and Conflict Resolution in the Construction Industry
- CE 590C Computer Based Simulation for the Management of Construction Firms
- You may select other WPI courses in Civil and Environmental Engineering or Business with approval from your academic advisor and course instructor.
Graduate Studies Series
Learn from our enrollment team members and other guests by attending quick and convenient 30-minute webinars we designed to highlight popular topics when starting grad school. Take a deep dive into specific areas of interest such as how to funding, how to ace your application, student services, and more!