Projects are at the heart of the WPI curriculum. Both in and outside the classroom, students are immersed in projects that apply their growing knowledge to real-world challenges. In the process, they become better problems solvers, communicators, and leaders.
WPI’s Global Projects Program immerses students in communities as close as our home city of Worcester and at more than 40 other locations worldwide. Students work in teams with a faculty advisor and are accountable to a project sponsor on a specific problem that connects science or technology with social issues and human needs.
Mathematical sciences offers endless possibilities for innovative projects. You will work with classmates to complete course projects and undertake a final project in collaboration with an industry partner on topics such as:
- finding optimal flight schedules for delivery drones
- using algebraic tools for encryption and privacy preservation
- optimizing purchasing of online ad space
- modeling the growth of cancer cells
- creating alternate teaching modules for middle school math