To do prior to arriving on campus:
- Log onto the WPI Health Services secure Health Portal and ensure that all of your required immunizations and documents (at least WPI Immunization Form & Tuberculosis Risk screening Form) are still active.
- If you have taken time off between your undergraduate and graduate studies, you will likely need to resubmit your paperwork or contact Health Services if a new account (new student ID) was created for you.
Please monitor your WPI email. This is where we will notify you if you are missing required documentation.
- If you have any disabilities and are seeking accommodations, fill out an application with the Office of Disability Services*.
- Incoming Graduate Students may select housing (if available) beginning on June 5th at 9am through our housing application. They may start searching for off-campus housing prior if interested if you have any questions regarding local Worcester area housing options, please contact the Residential Services Office.
To do during arrival/Orientation period:
- Attend Graduate Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
- Check in with your department. Make sure you have been assigned an academic advisor in your department.
- Sign up for the WPI Student Health and Accident Insurance. If you choose an alternative plan, make sure you understand what is covered.
- If you are a TA, attend TA training.
To do during the initial weeks of the semester:
- Meet with your advisor.
- Finalize your Course Schedule before the add/drop deadline.
- Develop your Plan of Study and get it approved by your advisor.
- Make sure you have settled your bill with the Bursar’s Office.
- Health & Wellness Services*
- Pay for the WPI Student Health Fee if you wish to receive healthcare on campus. When you were an undergrad this was automatically deducted from your tuition fees. As a graduate student, you are given the option to receive healthcare at Health Services or with your own elected physician. We strongly recommend that if you are an out-of-state or international student, that you pay the health fee. Pay at the Bursar’s Office and bring a copy of the record to WPI Health Services at 32 Hackfeld Road.
- If you do not pay the Student Health Fee:
- Take the time to research where the nearest walk in clinic is. Plan ahead so you know where to go when you are feeling ill.
- Obtain a copy of your health insurance card and keep it with you at all times.
- Print your WPI Student Health Insurance card by logging on here.
- Register with the Career Development Center (CDC).