Step #1: Apply
- Complete your entire application via the Common Application.
Step #2: Submit Your Application Support Materials
You can submit these online with your Common Application or to the mailing address below.
- School transcript
- Guidance or college counselor letter of recommendation
- Teacher letter of recommendation (math or science teacher preferred)
Step #3: Submit Your Test Scores (If Desired)
WPI’s test-optional policy allows you to submit material that better reflects your academic potential instead of standardized test scores. You have three choices to make sure your application is as strong as possible:
- If you wish to submit your test scores, you must register to take the SAT I or the ACT prior to the application deadline chosen.
- You may also submit alternative materials instead of your test scores – learn more about the testing-optional process.
- Or, you may submit your standardized test scores AND alternative materials.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement to indicate receipt of application by WPI's Office of Admissions. Please note what may be missing in order to complete your application, and you can always check your application status online.
Step #4: Special Instructions
In addition to completing the above steps, some students need to submit additional information.
WPI accepts electronic submissions of application support materials from secondary school counselors and teachers. Schools equipped to send electronic documents should upload them through the appropriate channel, and they will be matched with your application record. Other electronic documents may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents sent via mail should be addressed to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions
100 Institute Road
Worcester, MA 01609-2280