How to Apply
Step #1: Submit Application
First year candidates: Complete your application through the Common Application. Make sure you share who you are and what makes you a fit for WPI, and check over your answers. We encourage you to review our college application timeline checklist to put your best foot forward!
Transfer candidates: Complete the WPI Transfer Application. Make sure to also review important entrance and application requirements. Additional helpful information can also be found by reviewing frequently asked questions.
No matter which type of student you are, be sure to use an email address that you check frequently when filling out your application. Keep in mind that many high schools block external emails, so we recommend using your personal email address if you have one. This email will be the main method of contact that WPI uses to reach you throughout the application process.
Step #2: Request Required Materials
Request your required high school transcripts and letters of recommendation while completing your Common Application. WPI is a test-blind institution, meaning SAT and ACT scores are not part of the WPI application. We do require:
- Official transcripts sent from high school
- First marking period grades are required for Early Decision Round One applicants. A Mid Year grade report is required for Early Decision Round Two applicants.
- First Marking period grades or Mid Year Report are highly recommended for Early Action and Regular Decision applicants.
- Transfer applicants must also submit college/university transcripts
- School counselor letter of recommendation
- Teacher letter of recommendation
- Early Decision applicants are required to submit the Early Decision Agreement
Some types of applicants will have additional requirements. Please select an option below if you are a homeschool student, international student, or transfer student.
How to Send Materials to WPI:
Required transcripts and letters of recommendation should be submitted directly from the sending institution or recommender. Our preference is that they are sent through the Common Application. Mailed or emailed credentials sent from the student are not official and will be discarded.
Please note, we cannot process non-scannable items such as CDs, DVDs, books, slides, or certificate binders.
If you must send materials directly to WPI, please include applicant’s full name and date of birth and send to:
WPI Undergraduate Admissions
100 Institute Rd
Worcester, MA 01545
Step #3: Review Application
Once you submit your application, watch your email for a receipt from WPI. Check your status online to confirm you are not missing any information needed to review your application.