2023 FFEA Conference - Call for Papers
Department(s):The Business School
2023 Worcester Polytechnic University (WPI) and
Future Finance and Economics Association (FFEA)
Call for Papers
October 19-21, 2023, Worcester, MA, USA
Special Issue of International Review of Financial Analysis Journal
Finance Research Letters Journal
One Earth Journal (Cell Press)
Heliyon Journal (Cell Press)
iScience Journal (Cell Press)
Theme: “Fintech for inclusivity, growth, and the future”
Venue: Onsite at Worcester Polytechnic University, 100 Institute Rd, Worcester, MA, USA
The Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Business School and the Future Finance and Economics Association (FFEA) are proud to invite you to the staging of the inaugural conference on “Fintech for inclusivity, growth, and the future.” This will mark the first time FFEA will offer a conference event in the United States. The conference will be from Thursday, October 19th, through Saturday, October 21st, 2023, at WPI.
This event aims to bring together an international group of academics and practitioners who are actively conducting research in the fields of finance, management, and related disciplines, as well as practitioners and policymakers, to generate debates on current issues of sustainability, Fintech, and digital finance. The conference will provide a forum for presenting new ideas and discussing the future direction of fintech research.
The conference submission deadline is June 30th, 2023.
Financial Technology (Fintech) is revolutionizing the financial industry and offers social good opportunities. The impacts of Fintech are evident across a myriad of sectors within the financial services industry ranging from payments, insurance, lending, and banking. Technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are major driving forces behind Fintech’s innovations. We are committed to this transformation at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), the Business School of Engineers. Technology is central to our mission and a bedrock of our programs.
The conference invites papers in all areas of fintech and sustainability studies. At this point a tentative but not exhaustive set of topics could include the following
- Financial and Economic Uncertainty
- The impact of Artificial Intelligence applications in the financial industry
- Machine learning applications in financial and economic analysis
- Climate, green and carbon finance modelling challenges
- Green Finance and ESG considerations
- Central Bank Digital Currency and the underbanked/unbanked
- Central Bank Digital Currency and Green/Climate/Sustainable Finance
- Financial Stability and Green/Climate/Sustainable Finance
- Blockchain and FinTech
- Blockchain’s role in data reliability for supply chains and sustainability
- Risk Management and Green/Sustainable/Climate finance challenges.
- International Financial Regulation and Green/Sustainable/Climate finance challenges.
- Spillovers and interlinkages among green/climate/sustainable financial instruments and other assets
- Green/Sustainable/Climate assets and portfolio allocation
- Applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence in financial decision making
- Fintech and the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Fintech and financial inclusivity
- Ethics and Fintech
Papers, extended abstracts, and proposals for workshops and panel discussions should be submitted by June 30, 2023, with decisions by mid-July.
Submissions can be made here or https://conference-service.com/ffea-WPI-2023/welcome.html
Ÿ Michael Goldstein, Babson College
Ÿ Sarah Biller, FinTech Leader
Special Issues of Journals - for more information click here
- Finance Research Letters - all conference topics: Guest Editor Kwamie Dunbar WPI
- International Review of Financial Analysis - Fintech and Inclusivity in an International Context Guest Editor Kwamie Dunbar WPI
- One Earth (Cell Press) - Significant contributions to our understanding of financial markets that promote and maintain social and environmental sustainability; pre-submission enquiries
- Heliyon (Cell Press) – All conference topics; Editor Larisa Yarovaya; Information for authors
- iScience (Cell Press) – contributions that feature or could lead to interdisciplinary thinking; pre-submission inquiries
Papers for these special issues must be presented at the conference. Which journal, if any, will be requested at submission. It is NOT mandatory to select a SI to attend or present. Please refer to the journal websites for details on submissions. Note that submissions are NOT open yet.
The registration fee for the conference is USD350 for all participants. The registration fee is waivered for session chairs and discussants who do not have a paper in the program. The conference is also free for students. Presenting authors should register for the conference before August 15th, 2023.
Deadline for Conference Submission
June 30, 2023
Notification of Conference Acceptance
July 15, 2023
Conference Registration deadline
August 15, 2023
October 19-21, 2023