The Division of Talent & Inclusion is pleased to announce the fifth annual Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Staff Member! We are thrilled to continue the tradition of honoring our outstanding staff members with a Trustee Award. We hope that you will take this opportunity to recognize a deserving staff member with a nomination for this prestigious award.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Staff Member, please fill out the nomination form (PDF) and submit to the Division of Talent & Inclusion on or before March 1, 2019.
Details of the award are as follows:
Award Title: Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Staff Member
Award Description: This award is in recognition of outstanding work and dedication by a member of the staff in support of the mission of Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- The award may be given annually to currently employed staff members with a minimum of one year of full time or part time continuous employment at WPI at the time of his/her nomination
- Previous award winners are not eligible
Criteria: Nominees should demonstrate some or all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates a passion for WPI, its students, faculty, fellow staff-members, history, and traditions
- Outstanding performer; often delivers beyond the expected
- Exhibits creativity in problem solving
- Builds community; strengthens relationships
- Exemplifies the principles of WPI’s desired Climate and Culture
- Inspires others with a great attitude and models behavior that has a positive impact on the WPI community
- A maximum of two awards may be made each year
- $1,500 per award
- If there is no outstanding candidate in a given year, the award will not be given
Selection Process: All nominations will be carefully considered and a recommendation will be made to the Board of Trustees for approval.
Submission Dates: February 5, 2019 – March 1, 2019
Awards to Be Announced at:
- Employee Ice Cream Social in May 2019
- Honorees will be invited to the Friday night dinner of the Board of Trustees in May 2019, along with faculty honorees.