The Payroll Office strives to ensure that all WPI employees have access to clear, concise financial information, and that they are paid regularly and correctly. The office also handles tax withholdings, reimbursements, bonuses, overtime, and holiday pay.
The end of the calendar year is an important time for employees and for the Payroll team because it is the end of the tax year and signals a new tax season ahead. We therefore ask all employees to take a few moments at the end of each year or the very beginning of the new year to please update their personal information in Workday or confirm that it is complete and accurate. This includes verifying your:
- Correct legal name,
- Correct current address for receiving W-2 forms, and
- Current tax and withholding settings.
The Payroll department cannot advise employees on tax matters, but we kindly remind you that employees can always make changes themselves to their withholding amounts in Workday. Please click the button below to download guidance for reviewing and verifying your personal information in Workday, and let us know if you have questions or need assistance using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and Other Resources
- Forms Library - Find all Talent & Inclusion forms in one location, including forms for hiring, direct deposit, and payroll changes; plus withholding forms for taxes and retirement savings
- Compensation Matrix for Faculty Restricted Accounts (PDF) - Reference guide for faculty restricted accounts
- Federal W-4 Form (PDF) - IRS federal tax filing information and forms for reference only. Please complete this form in Workday. The IRS website provides a useful federal tax withholding estimator.
- Massachusetts State M-4 Form (PDF) - Massachusetts tax filing information and forms for reference only. Please complete this form in Workday.
- Faculty and Staff Pledge Form (PDF) - Make a gift to WPI through payroll deductions
- Example Student Paper Timesheet
- Blank Student Paper Timesheet