Welcome to the WPI!
We’re thrilled that you’ve decided to join us at WPI. Whether you’re preparing for your first year of college or are joining us from another college or university, we can’t wait to welcome you to campus, show you around—and make sure you grab a selfie with Gompei, of course.
There’s a lot to be excited about, but there are also a few things to check off your to-do list before you arrive in Worcester, and we’re here to help. We’ve gathered some important links and put together a timeline of what needs to be done when, all to make your transition to WPI as smooth as possible. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions that might come up. After all, one of the first things you’ll learn about the WPI community is that offering help is commonplace, and that desire to lend a helping hand starts right now.
Welcome to WPI—we can’t wait to meet you.
First things first...
After receiving an email with your PIN...
- Set up your WPI email account right away and check it regularly. Note: All important student information is communicated to you through your WPI email account. This includes tuition payment information. We suggest you check this email account often.
- Connect with your new classmates on the Official Class of 2028 Discord Server. Transfer students are also encouraged to join!
Looking for Some Tips on How to Make the Most of Your First Year?
Nobody knows WPI better than the students who go here, and they’ve got some advice to share.
- You never know when or where you’ll make a new friend—talk to everyone.
- Ask for help whenever you need it and make the most of the resources offered.
- Try something new!
- Meet upperclassmen; they can give you valuable advice, especially if you share the same major.
- If your unsure of your major and career path, explore future job options based on your interests.
- Explore the city of Worcester; there are hundreds of things to do—literally.
WPI Resources at Your Fingertips
Stay informed, connected, and engaged with the WPI app. Get program information for the First-Year Welcome Experience, New Student Orientation, and more. Catch up on the latest news, explore campus, get timely updates, and stay informed—conveniently in the palm of your hand.