For All Residential Students

Preferred Name
Students have the option to provide a preferred name to Residential Services when filling out a housing application. Preferred names will only be used by Residential Services with the intent of making the residence halls as welcoming as possible.

Accommodated Housing
Housing-based accommodations are available to students with a documented need.  Please note that there is a difference between Housing Accommodations and Housing Preferences. Student preferences for certain types of housing (i.e. specific hall, room, or roommates) cannot be guaranteed, but will be considered in addition to a documented need for a disability-related accommodation.  This process is coordinated through the Office of Disability Services.

For First Year Students

Mixed Gender Housing
Founders Hall is the location of Mixed Gender Housing. Founders Hall is suite style living, with generally 2 triples and 2 singles per suite with a single use bathroom enclosed. There will only be as many mixed gender suites as students indicate interest. Bedrooms will still be single gender within a suite.  Students have the opportunity to express an interest in mixed gender housing through the housing application. Students can utilize the housing selection process to select roommates. 


For Upperclass Students

Gender-Inclusive Housing
This housing option is where two or more students mutually agree to share a multiple-occupancy bedroom, suite, or apartment without regard to the gender of the occupants. During Housing Selection, all spaces are classified as gender inclusive so that students may select bedrooms within the suite/apartment regardless of gender.

Term Housing
Term Housing is designed for students who are leaving for a university-sponsored project for a single term. During this term, the student will not be charged for University Housing. The student will need to vacate their assigned space for their term away, and will be given an assignment within the Term Housing locations upon their return.  Term Housing is offered in advance of General Housing Selection. Term Housing will be located at Hackfeld House and/or Schussler House depending on the level of interest.  Students participating in Term Housing do not require meal plans and share a common kitchen within their assigned house.

Break Housing
Students who live in East Hall, Faraday Hall, Ellsworth Apartments, Fuller Apartments, or Salisbury Estates will have access to the halls during the winter recess when all other residence halls are closed.  Residential Services will have a sign up period for students to identify they will be staying during that time.