Winter Break Closing Procedures
In accordance with Section C subset 1 of the Housing and Dining contract, all Residence Halls with required meal plans close for the winter recess on December 14th @ Noon.
All other residents will be required to complete a Residential Services form to notify WPI of your winter recess plans.
If you are a winter athlete, please speak with your coach about accommodations.
Questions? Please contact Residential Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-831-5645.
When should you leave?
- Within 24 hours of your last final.
When do the halls officially close?
- At Noon on the Saturday following final exams/last day of classes.
Do all halls close for the Winter Break?
- No, the following halls will remain open during the break as residents have kitchen facilities.
- Ellsworth Apartments, Fuller Apartments, Faraday Hall, Salisbury Estates, East Hall, Elbridge House, Schussler House, Hackfeld House, and all Graduate Houses/Apartments.
- Students living in these spaces are required to submit information that they will be staying over break, even for part of the break.
- If in a hall that closes - you will be provided with information about options for staying if you need to.
What if I can’t get a ride or I have extenuating circumstances?
- You can fill out a late stay request form (request link from your RA) and you will be notified quickly whether have permission to stay. Be prepared that you may be told you cannot stay and should make other arrangements. The cost to stay late is $35.00 a day.
When do the halls officially re-open?
- At 9am on the Sunday prior to the first day of C Term classes.