Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships: Predoctoral Fellowship
The predoctoral fellowships provide three years of support for individuals engaged in graduate study leading to a Ph.D. The Ford Foundation offers predoctoral fellowships to members of groups whose underrepresentation in the professoriate has been severe and long-standing. Awards will be made for study in research-based doctoral programs in selected academic disciplines. A comprehensive list of eligible fields of study is listed on the program website. Individuals enrolled in practice-oriented programs will not be supported. The program will award approximately 75 predoctoral fellowships annually.
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Previous Research and Scholarly Productivity
- Proposed Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
What they’re looking for
- Field(s) of study:
- Language Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Social Sciences
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievements
- Committed to a career in teaching and research at a college or university
- Enrolled in an eligible research-based program leading to a Ph.D.