Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships: Postdoctoral Fellowships
This competition year the program will award approximately 24 postdoctoral fellowships. The postdoctoral fellowships provide one year of support for individuals engaged in postdoctoral study after the attainment of the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or Doctor of Science (Sc.D.) degree. Postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in a national competition administered by the National Research Council (NRC) of the National Academies on behalf of the Ford Foundation.
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Previous Research and Scholarly Productivity
- Proposed Plan
- Proposed/Host Institution
- Annotated Bibliography
- Verification of Doctoral Degree Status Form
- Letters of Recommendation
- Host Letter
What they’re looking for
- Individuals who, in the judgment of the review panels, have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level, show promise of future achievement as scholars and teachers, and are well prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
- Individuals enrolled in an eligible research-based program leading to a Ph.D. or Sc.D.
- Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time
The program will award approximately 20 postdoctoral fellowships. Major disciplines eligible for support include the life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, engineering sciences, behavioral and social sciences, education, and the humanities.