Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
Every year, The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans (PD Soros) supports thirty New Americans— immigrants or the children of immigrants—who are pursuing graduate or professional school in the United States. Each Fellowship supports one to two years of graduate study in any field and in any advanced degree-granting program in the United States and each award is for up to a total of $90,000. New Fellows join a strong community of current and past Fellows who all share the New American experience. The competition is merit-based and the selection criteria emphasizes creativity, originality, initiative, and sustained accomplishment.
- Confirmation of eligibility
- Personal and contact information
- Higher-education history
- The graduate program for which you seek
- 3 required, up to 5 accepted
- Two essays
- Minimum of 1000 words per essay
- Optional exhibits
What they’re looking for
- Both parents must have been born outside of the U.S. as non-citizens
- U.S. citizen by birth or born abroad, outside U.S.
- Seeking a graduate degree
- Must be 30 or younger