- Cleaning: Daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces in classrooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and meeting spaces. Daily fogging of spaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Cleaning Supplies: Provided in centralized locations on each floor and in classrooms so individuals can clean their own workspace and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: Provided at entrances, in classrooms, and throughout public areas. Departments may be providing hand sanitizer at additional locations in office suites.
- Signage: To inform social distancing practices, occupancy limits, and cleaning requirements throughout the building.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms have reduced occupancies required — some will be single-use occupancy to maintain social distancing. Drinking fountains have been shut off for your safety — where available, water bottle filler stations remain operational.
- Meeting Rooms: Meeting room capacity has been reduced to maintain 6’ social distancing.
- Ventilation: Windows may be opened for ventilation. If you open a window, be sure to shut off the air conditioner in that space.
- Clear Barriers: Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at classroom teaching stations and service desks in department offices to help reduce transmission.
- Building Access: The building will remain locked during business hours and is accessible with your WPI ID card. Campus visitors must register in advance and be escorted by the department.
100 Institute Road, Worcester MA, 01609
The stunning 145,000-square-foot Sports and Recreation Center opened in 2012 and features a state-of-the-art fitness center, competition swimming pool, four-court gymnasium, indoor running track, rowing tanks, racquetball and squash courts, and aerobic studios. The building also contains offices of coaches and staff of the Department of Physical Education, Recreation, and Athletics and is home to the wrestling team. Designed and constructed in alignment with WPI’s commitment to environmental sustainability, the LEED-certified building is also one of the greenest sports centers in the nation and includes features such as rooftop solar panels and a rainwater collection system.