Call for Presenters or Facilitators
The 2020 Conference Committee is pleased to announce the Association for Pre-College Program Directors Annual Conference is virtual! This re-imagined virtual professional development experience will serve in place of our in-person conference originally scheduled to take place at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI).
Our 2020 Annual Conference will take place on October 26 and 27, 2020 from 1:00-4:00 PM EST each day. Content for this year's conference will be condensed to adapt to our new format. We are excited to provide 45-minute sessions for colleagues to choose from to present their topic(s) of choice.
Call for Presenters Timeline:
- Deadline to submit has passed.
- Presenters will be notified starting October 9, 2020.
We encourage you to think innovatively and outside the box on your program deliveries as we head into this virtual experience together. From casual roundtable discussions to workshops leveraging breakout rooms, the opportunities are there! For any questions and additional information regarding this call for presenters, please reach out to Ryan Meadows at email@example.com.
Check out these resources for presenting in a virtual conference below. For any additional tips or tricks presenting in a virtual format please reach out to the conference committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tips for Presenting Virtually by the Association on Higher Education And Disability
- 9 Tips for Giving Engaging Virtual Presentations
Here are a couple of tips from the conference committee on presenting virtually!
- If you have a large attendance, we recommend using breakout rooms with no more than 9 colleagues.
- Please do not record your session. We want the sessions to be an open space for colleagues to share challenges and tips in a safe space. Instead, we ask all of our presenters to share any additional materials with Ryan Meadows at email@example.com to make available to attendees post-session.
- At the beginning of your session, ask if there is an attendee who would interested in taking session notes to share with our pcpd community. All notes can be emailed to Ryan Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It would be great to ask attendees to rename their Zoom name to their Name, Institution, and/or Pronouns if they feel comfortable sharing, to get a better sense of where folx are joining in from.