Spring into Action! Climate Calendar (2023)
Department(s):George C. Gordon Library
WPI students, faculty, and staff are planning to Spring into Action with a month of events, activities, and dialog supporting WPI’s engagement with climate change and every aspect of global and local sustainability.
Visit this page throughout the month of April as links to detailed information and new events are added.
- March 15, 3:30 PM, FLY ME TO THE MOON, Produced and Directed by Esther Figueroa, 2019, followed by a panel discussion with Director Esther Figueroa and Co-Producer Mimi Sheller (view trailer), Olin Hall 107
- March 30, 12 – 1 PM, Climate Storytelling Teacher Training, organized by Jason Davis of the Climate Stories Project
- April 1, 2-4 PM, Green Team x Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers Worcester Trash Cleanup, Meet at the fountain
- April 2-17, Global Lab Climate Summit Photography Competition on theme of "Climate Change"
- April 8, 12-2 PM, Green Team x Society of Women Engineers Institute and Elm Park Trash Cleanup, Meet at the fountain
- April 14, 12 – 1 PM, 15th Sustainability Project Showcase: Celebration of Student Winners, Gordon Library Conference Room, third floor
- April 18, 10 AM – 5 PM, Green Team Free Thrift Store, CC Odeum
- April 19, 3 – 5 PM, Climate Action Fair, Fountain
- April 22, 10 AM – 12 PM, Green Team x REC Worcester Earth Day Trash Cleanup at Crompton Park, Meet at the Bus circle at 9 AM
- April 26, 3 – 5 PM, Careers for Sustainable and Just Communities, IS 205
Other Recurring Events:
- Tuesdays, 5 – 6 PM, Green Team General Body Meetings, SL 402
- Wednesdays, 11 AM – 2 PM, Green Team Project Zero Waste, Morgan Dining Hall
- Thursdays, 12 – 1 PM, Green Team Auditing and Action Meetings, FL Beckett Conference Room
- Thursdays, 5 – 6 PM, Green Team Community Garden Meetings, UH 400
All WPI is invited to participate in these events. Are you planning a sustainability-related event that we missed? Let us know! (email@example.com)