This message was sent to the WPI community.
I’m following up on a recent communication regarding the Staff Council with additional information regarding the next steps.
The new Staff Council will...
- represent the voice of a diverse range of staff, while working for the improvement of our campus community,
- serve as an advocate to support the interests and needs of staff,
- collaborate with university leadership to facilitate a sense of belonging within the community and to promote a positive working environment for all staff, and
- make suggestions and recommendations to university leadership on behalf of the staff.
Elected members will be responsible for...
- serving on the Staff Council for a two-year term,
- attending Staff Council meetings and participating in the decision-making process of the Staff Council,
- representing the Staff Council in various internal committees and serve as liaison with several groups or committees on campus, and
- keeping staff constituents informed of relevant Staff Council work.
Eligibility criteria for the Staff Council …
Any full-time employee (except union members, employees in probation, and members of the President's Management Council) are eligible for nomination.
Call for Nominations
The new Staff Council will be comprised of 18 members – 9 of whom will be seated this year and 9 who will be added after the spring 2023 elections.
Please take a moment to learn more about the nomination process, timeline, and resources below:
- The nomination process will open on June 20th and will run through July 12th.
- The Staff Council committee will vet all submissions to ensure nominees meet eligibility criteria (please see above for a list) and are willing to serve, if elected.
- Elections will take place online from Monday, July 18th through the end of the business day Friday, July 29th.
- Elected members will be informed the week of August 1st and a university-wide announcement will be sent the following week.
- The Council will have its first meeting in early August.
If you are interested in nominating yourself or another staff member, please fill out the following form no later than July 12th. All nominees will receive outreach to let them know they have been nominated and to ask for their confirmation/interest in being on the ballot. Please take a moment to review more information about the Staff Council, the election process and procedures, as well as frequently asked questions on the new Staff Council webpage. Check the page for updates and information for the Staff Council as the process gets underway and watch for future communication once the elections process begins.
Lauren A. Turner, PhD
Senior Vice President Talent & Inclusion/Chief Diversity Officer
Division of Talent & Inclusion