Registration Dates and Times for Fall 2020/Spring 2021:
Week of March 30: Undergraduate group assignments for 20-21 registration will be emailed. Each class is randomly split into two groups. Group 1 will go first for fall registration; group 2 will go first for spring registration.
Thursday, April 9: Fall 2020 registration for rising seniors Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM; Graduate student registration for Fall 2020 opens at 7 AM (all graduate students may register)
Friday, April 10: Fall 2020 registration for rising seniors Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM
Monday, April 13: Fall 2020 registration for rising juniors Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday, April 14: Fall 2020 registration for rising juniors Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday, April 15: Fall 2020 registration for rising sophomores Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM
Thursday, April 16: Fall 2020 registration for rising sophomores Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday, April 21: Spring 2021 registration for rising seniors Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM; Graduate student registration for Spring 2021 opens at 7 AM (all graduate students may register)
Wednesday, April 22: Spring 2021 registration for rising seniors Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM
Thursday, April 23: Spring 2021 registration for rising juniors Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM
Friday, April 24: Spring 2021 registration for rising juniors Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM
Monday, April 27: Spring 2021 registration for rising sophomores Group 2, 7 AM – 4 PM
Tuesday, April 28: Spring 2021 registration for rising sophomores Group 1, 7 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday, April 29: 20-21 registration re-opens for all undergraduates, 8 AM
View the Academic Calendar for other important dates.
Web Registration Starting Time
For web registration, each student will be assigned a registration starting time based on student class level and year. Class year (i.e. expected year of graduation) will normally be designated as year of matriculation plus four. The class year of transfer students will be determined on an individual basis. Please check your e-mail for notification of your registration time. You will not be allowed to access web registration until your scheduled starting time. Registration starting times cannot be changed. If you are unable to register at your starting time, you may register when the web reopens for all students.
Please read these instructions before logging into Web registration. You may find it useful to print this out and have it handy while registering. If you need registration assistance, please see your academic advisor or visit the Registrar's Office.
- If you are a current WPI student, log in to BannerWeb (and follow the additional steps below). If you are not a WPI student, you must complete and submit the Non-Degree Registration Form to the Registrar's Office.
- Enter your username & password, or your student ID number and 6-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you have forgotten your PIN, please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.
- Click on "Student Services & Financial Aid."
- Click on "Registration."
- Click on "Add/Drop Classes." Then "Select a Term." Click "Submit Term" button.
- Enter the CRNs for the classes you wish to register for in the spaces provided. When you have entered them all, click the "Submit Changes" button.
- Check for Registration Errors: Check the bottom of the Registration page for any errors. For help with registration errors, click on "Help" button.
- Search for a Class: You may search for a class by clicking on the "Class Search" button. You may search by Subject and Course Number, Title, Instructor, Time, and Day. You must select a Subject for your search.
- View and Print Your Schedule: After you have finished registering for classes, view your schedule by clicking on "View Student Schedule" at the bottom of the page. Then print a copy of your schedule by clicking your Browser's "Print" button at the top of the screen.
Web Registration Pointers
Web registration is really quite simple, but here are some things to be aware of before you get started.
- Be sure to check your student records for any holds at least one week prior to your registration starting time. This will give you time to clear any holds before you register.
- Go over your desired schedule with your advisor before you attempt to register.
- Use the scroll bars at the side and top of the windows to view the entire screen.
- Always scroll to the bottom of your schedule when adding and dropping classes so you can view any unresolved errors.
- The Web will check time conflicts when you register. You must resolve the conflict by changing one of the courses before your registration will be accepted by the online system.
- You may make changes to your schedule on the Web during your scheduled registration time and any time registration is open.
- ALWAYS confirm your schedule after making changes on the Web. View "Student Schedule by Day and Time." This is your confirmation of your changes.
- If you have forgotten your PIN you may reset it through the BannerWeb. Login into BannerWeb then click on the link "Click here if you have forgotten your PIN."