Registration Dates and Times for Fall 2020/Spring 2021:
For Continuing Students:
Reopen: August 17
Close: November 3 at midnight for all undergraduate students
First Year Spring 2021 Registration:
Group 1: Tuesday, December 1st 7am-4pm
Web closes Wednesday, December 2nd
Group 2: Thursday, December 3rd 7am-4pm
Friday, December 4th: Web reopens for both groups (waitlists enabled)
For New Students:
Information regarding registration for new undergraduate and graduate students will be sent to you via email.
View the Academic Calendar for other important dates.
Web Registration Starting Time
For web registration, each student will be assigned a registration starting time based on student class level and year. Class year (i.e. expected year of graduation) will normally be designated as year of matriculation plus four. The class year of transfer students will be determined on an individual basis. Please check your e-mail for notification of your registration time. You will not be allowed to access web registration until your scheduled starting time. Registration starting times cannot be changed. If you are unable to register at your starting time, you may register when the web reopens for all students.
Please read these instructions before logging into Web registration. You may find it useful to print this out and have it handy while registering. If you need registration assistance, please see your academic advisor or visit the Registrar's Office.
- If you are a current WPI student, log in to BannerWeb (and follow the additional steps below). If you are not a WPI student, you must complete and submit the Non-Degree Registration Form to the Registrar's Office.
- Enter your username & password, or your student ID number and 6-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you have forgotten your PIN, please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.
- Click on "Student Services & Financial Aid."
- Click on "Registration."
- Click on "Add/Drop Classes." Then "Select a Term." Click "Submit Term" button.
- Enter the CRNs for the classes you wish to register for in the spaces provided. When you have entered them all, click the "Submit Changes" button.
- Check for Registration Errors: Check the bottom of the Registration page for any errors. For help with registration errors, click on "Help" button.
- Search for a Class: You may search for a class by clicking on the "Class Search" button. You may search by Subject and Course Number, Title, Instructor, Time, and Day. You must select a Subject for your search.
- View and Print Your Schedule: After you have finished registering for classes, view your schedule by clicking on "View Student Schedule" at the bottom of the page. Then print a copy of your schedule by clicking your Browser's "Print" button at the top of the screen.
Web Registration Pointers
Web registration is really quite simple, but here are some things to be aware of before you get started.
- Be sure to check your student records for any holds at least one week prior to your registration starting time. This will give you time to clear any holds before you register.
- Go over your desired schedule with your advisor before you attempt to register.
- Use the scroll bars at the side and top of the windows to view the entire screen.
- Always scroll to the bottom of your schedule when adding and dropping classes so you can view any unresolved errors.
- The Web will check time conflicts when you register. You must resolve the conflict by changing one of the courses before your registration will be accepted by the online system.
- You may make changes to your schedule on the Web during your scheduled registration time and any time registration is open.
- ALWAYS confirm your schedule after making changes on the Web. View "Student Schedule by Day and Time." This is your confirmation of your changes.
- If you have forgotten your PIN you may reset it through the BannerWeb. Login into BannerWeb then click on the link "Click here if you have forgotten your PIN."