National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Effective May 17, 2018, WPI is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), an independent professional development, training, and mentoring community focused on helping individuals make successful transitions throughout their careers.
Resources and benefits of the membership include a wide variety of webinars and courses on topics ranging from summer or semester planning and scholarship and grant writing to teaching, productivity, and work-life balance, and are available to all WPI faculty, postdocs, and graduate students at no cost.
By joining over 450 other colleges and universities as NCFDD members, WPI hopes to further the university’s commitment to create and sustain a campus community that values difference in thought, cultural background, and perspective.
As NCFDD members, WPI faculty, postdocs, and graduate students will have access to a wealth of resources:
- Weekly Monday Motivator email
- Monthly core curriculum webinars
- Monthly guest expert webinars
- Multi-week courses
- Dissertation success curriculum for graduate students
- Private discussion forum for peer mentoring, problem solving, and moderated writing challenges
- 14-day writing challenges
- Member Library that includes past webinar materials, referrals, and readings