Industry-leading research in a world-renowned program
Whether it's about firefighter safety, combustion protection, or studying the effects of materials in fire conditions, fire protection engineering research is multi-disciplinary in its nature. Mechanical, civil, electric, and chemical engineers all contribute to making our world safer.
WPI Fire Protection Engineering, in concert with industry leaders, has developed state-of-the-art laboratories where students learn directly from faculty in a collaborative environment searching for the best way to build and protect against fire.
- Fire and Materials
- Combustion and Explosion Protection
- Building and Fire Systems
- Firefighter Safety and Policy
- Human Behavior and Egress in Fires
- Fire Impacts on Buildings, Infrastructure and Environment
- Risk-Informed Performance-Based Design and Regulation