Beyond providing the highest-quality classroom education, WPI’s School of Engineering offers many resources and opportunities to ensure a rewarding and positive experience for all students. Everyone is encouraged to take advantage of the many opportunities available through the university and individual programs.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IE)
- FIRST Robotics Team 190
- International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
- Society for Biomaterials
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Women in Electrical & Computer Engineering (WECE)
Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship center focuses on helping students’ innovative ideas turn into reality through seed funding, mentoring, workshops, and networking programs. We teach students the basics of entrepreneurial mindset with hands on learning by supporting the development of their innovative idea and guiding them through foundational skill-building techniques that will result in making an impact for the greater good.